Job Title: Journeyman Electrician
Reports To: Supervisor
Under general supervision , maintain, repair, and install electrical systems, services, and equipment for the district. Maintain and provide for the safe condition and operation of all electrical fixtures and systems in district facilities.
- Valid California Journey Electricians License
- Valid California Driver's License
- Knowledge of electrical circuits and wiring ans operating principles of electrical systems
- Knowledge of local electrical codes
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, and written reference material
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations
- Ability to diagnose and resolve problems
- Ability to use hand and power tools
Five years experience in electrical field
Major Responsibilities and Duties: Maintenance Repair
- Install and repair wiring, electrical fixtures, power equipment, and components of machinery and equipment following electrical code, manuals, specifications, schematics, and blueprints.
- Install and repair control and distribution apparatus, including motors, relays, switches, thermostats, circuit-breaker panels, etc.
- Diagnose and resolve problems in electrical circuits, systems, and equipment using testing instruments and equipment.
- Test continuity of circuits to ensure compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, assemble, and install electrical conduit using rulers, measuring devices, hand tools, pipe threader, and conduit bender.
- Receive and complete work orders.
- Select material and hardware and make time and materials estimates.
- Maintain accurate records on material and labor used.
- Maintain inventory of district-owned tools, equipment, and materials.
- Inspect jobs upon completion and ensure areas are clean.
- Work with building principals ans supervisors to complete projects.
- Respond to emergency calls as needed.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment.
- Operate tools and equipment according to established safety procedures.
- Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties, including lifting, climbing, etc.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work are and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- The Supervisor or his/her designee may assign other duties and accountabilities limited to those consistent with the applicable job function any pay grade.
Multimeter, ohmmeter, oscilloscope, and testing equipment; soldering iron; wire puller; pipe bender and threader; hand and power tools (saw, drill, etc.); trencher; jackhammer; concrete saw; ladder.
Light truck or van
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Continual walking, standing, climbing, stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and heavy lifting and carrying. Work in tiring and uncomfortable positions, around electrical power lines, outside and inside. Exposure to extreme temperatures. Frequent district wide travel.