Job Title: Laborer
Reports To: Construction Foreman
Summary: Completes general labor responsibilities by performing the following duites
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Clear understanding of all listed items below is crucial to the success of Foddrill Construction Corporation.
- Assist with assigned responsibilities, operating equipment and performing general maintenance
- Maintains supplies by receiving ad stocking materials in designated areas
- Lifts and carries materials and equipment throughout work areas using appropriate equipment
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to health and/or safety procedures
- Reports any problems or discrepancies to Construction Foreman
- Crew cement, barricade set-up and breakdown, parking signage and cleaning yard
- Driving company vehicle
- Dig & pour foundation, Install poles, Cement caps, Trench, Brake Cement and Pick-up dirt
- Fill out timesheets on a daily basis, sign completed timesheet and turn into supervisor for approval
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to the best of his/her ability. The requirements listed below are representatives of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Professionally work with others as a team
- Ability to follow direction and be mindful of your surroundings
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as: Measuring and basic math calculation
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Driver's License
High school diploma and/or general education degree (GED). Preferred construction experience but not required. Two years' experience and appropriate certification required for crane operation.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts., fumes and airborne particles and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to work in high precarious places and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), toxic or caustic chemicals as well as risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is considered usually loud. Employees wear personal protective equipment including hard hats, vests, steel toes shoes, gloves and ear plugs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 90 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use his/her hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, sit, crawl, speak up and listed. Employees work with a variety of specialized tools and machines including but not limited to: crane, bucket truck, drill, jack hammer, shovels, air compressors, saws and some heavy machinery requires certification.